E-Commerce Market to grow by USD 12,951.56 billion from 2022 to 2027 | The market is fragmented due to the presence of prominent companies like Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, Amazon.com Inc. & Apple Inc., and many more - Technavio
NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2023
NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The e-commerce market is estimated to grow by USD 12,951.56 billion from 2022 to 2027, growing at a CAGR of 27.15%. The e-commerce market is fragmented owing to the presence of many global and regional companies. A few prominent companies that offer e-commerce market are Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Best Buy Co. Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp., Ebates Performance Marketing Inc., eBay Inc., Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd., Groupon Inc., Inter IKEA Systems B.V., JD.com Inc., Lojas Americanas S.A., Otto GmbH and Co. KG, priceline.com LLC, Shopify Inc., The Home Depot Inc., Walmart Inc., Wayfair Inc., Zalando SE, and Etsy Inc. The report provides a full list of key companies, their strategies, and the latest developments. Download a Free Sample before buying
- Alibaba Group- The company offers e-commerce services such as online shopping and marketing, communications, social networking, entertainment, logistics, and other services.
- Amazon.com Inc. - The company offers e-commerce services of all types and all distribution channels.
- Apple Inc. - The company offers e-commerce products such as Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Watch.
- For details on companies and their offerings – Buy the report!
By Geography, the market is classified as APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa. APAC will have the largest share of the market. APAC is estimated to contribute 48% to the growth of the global market during the forecast period. APAC is the fastest-growing market of e-commerce due to the growing buying power of the middle-class population. The region comprises countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Indonesia that are late adopters of digital technology. As a result, the e-commerce market in these countries is expected to grow significantly. Furthermore, consumer preferences for online purchases have been on the rise due to various advantages. Hence, these factors will drive the growth of the e-commerce market in the region during the forecast period. Download a free sample report to get more insights on the market share of various regions and the contribution of the segments.
- Impactful driver- Advantages of e-commerce platforms
- Key Trend - Enhancement of consumer experience through technologies
- Major Challenges - The regulatory issues
- By Application, the home appliances segment will be significant during the forecast period. This segment includes a range of products such as consumer electronics, houseware, and kitchen appliances. One of the primary drivers is recycling initiatives. In 2020, there was a significant 9% reduction in consumer-generated electronic waste (e-waste), making it the fastest-declining segment within the municipal waste stream. The emergence of IoT, which employs smart energy in consumer electronics, is further expected to contribute to the ongoing decrease in e-waste percentage during the forecast period. The increasing credibility of e-commerce brands and the tendency of consumers to upgrade their homes are the two reasons for the high revenue generated in the segment. Many consumers still prefer buying home appliances from offline stores as they want to see, touch, or try home appliances in a physical store before buying. Hence, these factors contribute to the growth of the home appliances segment.
Technavio Research experts have provided more insights on the market share of segments - View a Free Sample Report
The automotive e-commerce market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.08% between 2022 and 2027. The market size is forecast to increase by USD 82,409.66 million. This automotive e-commerce market report extensively covers market segmentation by Vehicle Type (passenger car, 2-wheeler, and commercial vehicle), Channel (aftermarket and OEM), and Geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa). The rising penetration of smartphones and the internet is notably driving the market growth.
The subscription e-commerce platform market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 68.44% between 2022 and 2027. The market size is forecast to increase by USD 407.31 billion. This subscription e-commerce platform market report extensively covers market segmentation by type (offline and online), application (beauty and personal care, food and beverages, clothing and fashion, entertainment, and health and fitness), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and Middle East and Africa). Convenience and personalization provided by subscription services are notably driving the market growth.
E-Commerce Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 27.15%
YoY growth 2022-2023 (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa
US, China, Japan, Germany, and UK
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
3 Market Sizing
4 Historic Market Size
5 Five Forces Analysis
6 Market Segmentation by Application
7 Market Segmentation by Type
8 Customer Landscape
9 Geographic Landscape
10 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
11 Vendor Landscape
12 Vendor Analysis
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provide actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio's report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio's comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/e-commerce-market-to-grow-by-usd-12-951-56-billion-from-2022-to-2027--the-market-is-fragmented-due-to-the-presence-of-prominent-companies-like-alibaba-group-holding-ltd-amazoncom-inc--apple-inc-and-many-more---technavio-301935131.html